Many of us dream of living in big houses. Due to various factors, we end up living in small homes for ages. However, now a proper home painting selection can make Make Small Rooms Look Larger. Apart from banishing the useless clutter from your small rooms, some color painting tips help giving an impression of vastness even to a small room. You don’t necessarily need to remodel or renovate your home with construction to make it look larger, home painting can do wonders alone.
Rule for Using Lighter Colors to Make Small Rooms Look Larger
Most of us are aware of the fact that choosing lighter colors tends to give a feeling of largeness, yet not many of us try this tip while home painting. So, we are here to share with you rule for using lighter colors to give a smaller room an impression of a larger room. Here’s a quick clip I have found.
- If you use pale light colors like lilacs, blues and greens, your small room will look larger visually, as these colors give a feeling of vastness and spaciousness.
- Another rule of home painting to make small rooms look larger is to paint the moldings with a tone lighter than the one you have applied on the walls. This helps in producing an effect of keeping darker objects farther and lighter objects closer.
Rule for Using Patterns
Apart from using lighter colors, using patterns helps in visually increasing the space of your small rooms. Though many people believe one should avoid using patterns in small rooms, but using patterns indeed help producing an effect of vastness in small rooms.
- When doing home painting, try using patterns like vertical stripes that tend to make small rooms taller. You can also try horizontal stripes to make your room longer.
- Avoid using small dense patterns that on the contrary make a small room look even smaller.
Rule for Hiding Unwanted Things
If you feel most of the spaces of your small room has been occupied by unwanted things, then home painting allows you to hide that too.
- Try using the magic of dark colors to hide some unwanted things in your home. Be it the doors, vents or metalwork, you can hide them all with dark color shades.
Rule for Highlighting Architectural Features
Another rule to make small rooms look larger is to highlight the architectural features. If you don’t know how to do that, then read on to know more about it.
- If you have arches and moldings in your home, then try painting them in contrast colors. In other words, paint the architectural features with contrasting colors from the ones that you have applied to the walls.
So, now you know what all can be done in home painting to give an illusion of a larger room to a smaller room. All the features including, ceilings, domes, doors and walls can be painted accordingly to give a vast impression with the above-mentioned home painting tips and if you need more visit our help section.