Living in a small home with low ceilings, so what? You can easily give an illusion of high roofs simply by using a professional home painter and Wise paint use. Sounds interesting? So here’s how can you lower or raise the ceilings of your home with home painting. Not many people are aware that by simply choosing a perfect color, they can actually make their low roof appear high and vice versa.
Ceilings that play a vital role in showing the space of the room can be easily highlighted or hidden depending upon the paint color and style you choose. So, read on to know some tit bits of home painting that can do wonders for your home décor.
Rules for Making Small Rooms Look Larger
In today’s populated world, many of us live in small homes with lower ceilings and dream in living large homes. What if, you can make your small or lower ceiling home look larger by home painting? Mentioned below are some simple rules that can make your small rooms with lower ceilings look larger:
- If you choose pale colors, you will get an effect of vastness. In other words, the lighter color with which you paint your walls and floors, the larger your room will appear visually.
- Colors like blues, purples and greens that are generally considered as cool colors also have an effect of vastness. In other words, if you choose to paint your walls and floors with such cool colors, then your small rooms and spaces will look larger visually.
- Another rule for making lower ceilings and small rooms look larger with home painting is to use shiny surfaces, which again give an effect of larger space. In other words, if you use paint sheen’s on walls, then your room will look larger than it actually is.
Making Large Rooms Look Smaller with Wise paint use
Now, you know how to make small rooms look larger, it is the chance for you to know how do the vice versa, meaning how to make large rooms look smaller. Mentioned below are some useful rules for this purpose:
- If you choose to paint your walls with deep and dark colors, you will get an effect of closeness. In other words, home painting with deep and dark shade colors tend to make large spaces smaller.
- Colors like oranges, reds and yellows that are generally considered as warm colors also give an effect of closeness. In other words, if you choose to paint your walls and floors with such warm colors, then your large rooms will look smaller visually.
- Last, rule of home painting that can make a large room look smaller is to paint the walls with soft and non-reflective colors. In other words, dull yet soft colors without any sheen can produce an effect of closeness in an over-large room.